Our annual Community Care Day is a volunteer event that mobilizes hundreds of people in our area to help those in need. Participants assist local non-profit organizations in completing a variety of projects, such as painting rooms or playground equipment, assisting clients with daily activities, repairing or building a home or facility, outdoor clean-up, stocking inventory at food pantries, just to name a few.
Community Care Day projects are completed by students and teams of employees from companies throughout Fairfield County. Sites include community services agencies, United Way-funded organizations, schools, and playgrounds.
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
7:45 a.m. Breakfast Rally
9:00 a.m. Leave for project sites
9:15 a.m. Arrive at agencies and begin projects
4:00 p.m. Volunteer work complete
Students, individuals and employees from companies throughout Fairfield County complete projects.
Volunteers see firsthand the needs in our community and how their efforts can have a positive impact on the lives of people in need.
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
• Mark your calendars for our 2017 Community Care Day: Tuesday September 12, 2017.
• Read the attached information and make a commitment that you will participate.
• Volunteers download the Volunteer Registration Form and return it to the United Way office.
• Volunteers download the Photo Liability Release and return it to the United Way office.
HOW DOES MY COMPANY GET INVOLVED?
• Promote CCD within your company and recruit volunteers.
• Complete Volunteer Registration Form and return it to United Way by August 31.
• Return list of company volunteer names and Company Coordinator to United Way by August 31.
• Complete and return signed forms below to United Way by August 31.
- Photo Liability Release General Forms
- Photo Liability Release Youth Form
• Communicate project task, location, dress recommendations and material needed to your volunteers.
HOW DOES MY AGENCY GET INVOLVED?
• Dedicate a portion of a staff meeting to brainstorm creative projects. Our United Way Staff would be more than happy to attend your meeting!
• You may submit multiple projects, so long as you have someone who can direct each group of volunteers on Community Care Day. Download the Project Registration Form and return to the United Way office.
• It is most helpful for the United Way to have one contact (Main Contact) at your organization. It is also beneficial to have a project coordinator assigned to each project that you submit.
• United Way staff is available to help you develop projects. Just simply call the United Way office.
• Deadline is to apply is Friday, August 25, 2017.
For additional information contact the United Way office, (740) 653-0643 or click to email.
Click to download the forms below as needed:
- Volunteer Registration Form
- Photo Liability Release Form (General)
- Photo Liability Release Form (Youth)
- Project Registration Form