Financial Stability Goal:
• Individuals and Families will Achieve Financial Stability (See below)
Households are stable and have access to resources
The most direct way to alleviate poverty is to increase one's income. United Way is contributing to that work with our VITA site. We also work with our partners to provide tools to help families get on the path to financial independence. With resources and education, we work to improve the condition of all community members.
INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES WILL ACHIEVE FINANCIAL STABILITY
By 2016, only 10% of Fairfield County residents will live at or below the Federal Poverty Line.
· Individuals will acquire more assets
· Individuals will maintain household budgets
· Households will build savings and reduce debt
· Reduce usage of payday lending institutions
· Increase financial literacy and education level of the community
· Decrease rate of personal bankruptcies
United Way of Fairfield County - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
In 2015, Fairfield County residents received $2,323,350 in income tax refunds and received free tax filing assistance through the VITA and TCE programs. A total of 1,646 tax returns were filed through the Tax site.